Daily Rate (Open Market Rate)
28 days ago
12 Months with possibility to extend
Duration: 12 months with view of extension
Location: Nerang, QLD
Rate: Open Rate
The ITS & E& SI team is responsible for building and maintaining the "smart" devices used to manage the road network. They accomplish this through five sub teams:
- ICT Systems; manages the ITS communications network and SERVER equipment situated in the White Street TMC,
- Special Infrastructure; oversees a range of infrastructure facilities, Gold Coast Light Rail and Bus Station Park and Ride Facilities,
- Design; specialises in the application of technical specification and requirements for traffic signal, road lighting and ITS;
- Construction and Maintenance; oversees the delivery of all ITS&E & Special Infrastructure works ensuring maintenance and construction activities are completed to the set requirements;
- Program Support; support the delivery of the program in terms of coordinating the flow of information to/from the team, procurement and asset management.
Mandatory requirements of any presented candidate/s to include:
- A Degree in Electrical Engineering or an equivalent qualification which is accepted by Engineers Australia
- Registration as a Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (RPEQ) in Electrical Engineering and/or Information Telecommunication and Electronics Engineering (ITEE)
- Holding a valid Construction White Card
- Ability to supply own vehicle, phone and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Criminal History Screening required by the successful offeror at their own expense.
- The M1 Managed Motorways Program consists of Northern, Central and Southern packages where SCR will be upgrading / retrofitting sections of the motorway to facilitate civil improvements as well as introducing SMART motorways through ITS infrastructure.
- Both the Northern and Southern packages are currently at the end of the design phase whereas, the Central package is currently at design stage.
- We require an ITS engineering consultant to provide guidance and expert technical advice relating to the design, construction and commissioning of ITS SMART Motorways infrastructure. This consultant will be based Nerang DTMR office or onsite at either the Eight Mile Plains (Northern package site office) and/or additional sites within the region as required.
The Principal Engineer (Electrical) will be responsible for the following duties:
- Coordination and delivery of Road Operations input/design into the Region’s Smart Motorways program;
- Provide engineering advice and decision making for electrical and ITS related enquires from all stakeholders including but not limited to designers, external contractors, relevant project managers to ensure successful delivery of the program;
- Represent SCR ITS&E & SI at technical, governance and stakeholder meetings as required);
- Review, inspect and/or create detailed design drawings, specifications and estimates for ITS motorways.
- Train DTMR's nominated staff to conduct Acceptance tests; Design reviews and allow for ongoing knowledge sharing;
- Perform other tasks as directed by the ITS&E&SI team leader or Manager (Operations);
- Potential requirement to attend onsite meetings and travel between construction sites.
Out of Scope:
- Resolution of HR enquires or issues within placement period;
- Departmental Financial Approvals;
- Timesheet Approval.
If this sounds like you and you are up to the challenge, APPLY NOW!
This is for an immediate start so do not delay APPLY now below, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Aireen Grace Santiago
Account Manager (Category I)
Direct: 02 8310 8458
1.15, 98 Gloucester Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000
For this and other opportunities:
“We encourage people with disabilities and from other diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate based on disability.”