$98.47 to $106.35/hour
19 days ago
12 Months with possibility to extend
Start Date: ASAP, pending NPC
Duration: 12 Months with possibility to extend
Location: Gungahlin ACT 2912
Number of hours per week: 40
Pay rate: $98.47 to $106.35/hour Police Check: Yes
Job open for 7 days - will close COB Wednesday 8 September 2021.
***SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED***
- National police check to be conducted by the successful candidates agency with CrimTrac issued identifier to be sent to the ACT Government
- Baseline Clearance to be conducted by ACT Government, security pack to be sent to successful candidate
This position is responsible for providing network architecture services for operational and project related activities.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
1. Create and maintain high-level and detailed network design architecture both for the ongoing operational environment as well as for individual project related activities.
2. Implement complex network designs and develop documentation for their ongoing operational support.
3. Contribute to the branch’s technology roadmap and maintain relevant documentation.
4. Provide subject matter expertise on ICT matters to a range of stakeholders across the ACT Government.
5. Liaise and negotiate with directorates, vendors and third parties to design fit for purpose network solutions.
6. Demonstrate technical leadership across the team, however this position does not involve direct supervision of staff.
WHAT YOU REQUIRE
The information below describes the capabilities that are required to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Professional / Technical Skills and Knowledge
1. A minimum of 5 years experience in a multi-vendor data communications network environment, with in-depth knowledge of developing WAN, LAN, cloud, data centre and wireless technologies.
2. Experience analysing business requirements and designing appropriate network services.
3. Demonstrated high level attention to detail, including the ability to write detailed technical documentation.
1. Ability to effectively self-manage, and to prioritise competing tasks and demands within a team environment.
2. Build effective professional relationships, both internally and across directorates, in order to work collaboratively and provide a high-quality service in line with the team’s objectives and customer needs.
3. Well-developed customer service orientation and the ability to liaise and negotiate with and provide advice to a range of stakeholders.
ACT Government Position Description 4
4. Analytical skills to identify issues and develop effective solutions to meet business objectives and outcomes.
5. Adaptability to changing circumstances and multiple priorities and demands, and resilience while managing a constantly changing, complex and diverse ICT environment.
6. Written and oral communication skills with a high level of attention to detail, including the ability to accurately clarify, check and record information.
Compliance Requirements / Qualifications
1. Relevant degree, diploma, certificate, vocational or industry certificate in the Network Engineering field and/or relevant work experience is highly desirable.
2. Class C driver licence is essential.
3. An Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA) Negative Vetting 1 (NV1) clearance is required for this position.
4. This position may require a Working with Vulnerable People Check.
***Further details may be provided***
If this sounds like you and you are up to the challenge, APPLY NOW!
This is for an immediate start so do not delay APPLY now below, or email email@example.com for further information.
Aireen Grace Santiago
Account Manager (Category I)
Direct: 02 8310 8458
1.15, 98 Gloucester Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000
For this and other opportunities:
“We encourage people with disabilities and from other diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate based on disability.”