$28 - $30/hr excl. super (No OT)
6 days ago
6 months with possibility to extend
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: 31/12/21 with possibility to extend
Hours/day: 8 Hours/week: 40
Location: Parramatta/remote Base
PR: $28 - $30/hr excl. super (No OT)
Primary purpose of the role:
The GIS Officer provides specialist expertise, advice and services to ensure that relevant spatial data are sourced, appropriately managed, accessible by planners and manipulated to provide supporting analytical reports and mapping outputs. Focus will be primarily on alignment of spatial data to the cadastre, duties may also include the following:
• Provide specialist expertise for integration and high-end manipulation and analysis of spatial data using GIS software.
• Build and maintain relationships with representatives of key agencies, including local government, community groups and other stakeholders to enhance knowledge of externally sourced data holdings and collection programs, information product developments, and to facilitate the collection of data.
• Assist in the development and implementation of data collection and management programs to ensure the ready availability of quality data to the planning teams.
• Produce high quality maps and reports in accordance with corporate standards.
• Complete other duties as directed. Key challenges
• Complete projects and assigned tasks in a dynamic and complex environment where conflicting interests and opinions of stakeholders require constant monitoring and analysis.
• Managing consultations and negotiations with diverse stakeholders, within agreed timelines, given their varying expectations, viewpoints and interests.
• Achieving project deadlines and milestones to the required standards and within budget, given the need to simultaneously coordinate and deliver multiple projects which are often complex and interconnected.
• Assess and manage priority matters to achieve work program objectives in a high-pressure work environment.
If this sounds like you and you are up to the challenge, APPLY NOW!
This is for an immediate start so do not delay APPLY now below, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Aireen Grace Santiago
Account Manager (Category I)
Direct: 02 8310 8458
1.15, 98 Gloucester Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000
For this and other opportunities:
“We encourage people with disabilities and from other diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate based on disability.”